Reservation and stay
Making a booking
- When making a reservation, you must provide personal information, including, but not limited to, your name, address, phone number and email address.
- A reservation is only considered accepted if a reservation confirmation from the hostel has been sent to the email address provided in the reservation form.
- If dormitory beds are reserved, the hostel will make every effort to assign beds to the same room, but cannot guarantee that this will be possible.
Fees and Payment
- All prices are in Canadian dollars (CAD).
- Applicable lodging taxes are included in the total amount of the reservation.
- Reservations must be made with a valid credit card.
- Depending on the type of reservation, full prepayment may be required at the time of booking, in which case your credit card may be charged the full amount of the reservation at any time between the date of booking and the date of your arrival. Saintlo Hostels reserve the right to pre-authorize credit cards without prior written approval from the customer.
- If you have not paid for your stay in full at the time of booking, you will be asked to do so upon arrival at the hostel.
- Unless otherwise stated, all prepaid reservations that qualify for a discount are non-refundable and cannot be changed.
- The total cost of a reservation may vary depending on the type of room reserved, the number of people checking into the room and their age. Guests are encouraged to submit their information prior to arrival to obtain an accurate total cost of stay. Please note that all rates are subject to availability.
- The foreign currency conversion rate on different third-party booking websites used by Saintlo Hostels is for reference only and is not binding.
- Saintlo Hostels’s pricing is based on a “dynamic” model and is established by the hostels individually according to supply and demand. The rate for your stay is confirmed and guaranteed at the time of booking.
- Saintlo Hostels reserve the right to correct any rate errors posted on its website and confirmed to the guests and will do so as soon as they become aware of them.
- The rates confirmed at the time of your reservation may be subject to changes beyond the control of Saintlo Hostels, for example, a change in government taxes.
Best price guaranteed
- Saintlo Hostels is committed to matching and offering an additional 10% off the lowest rate found outside of saintlo.ca website.
- This Best Rate Guarantee policy is only valid for the participating Saintlo Hostels: Saintlo Montreal, Saintlo Ottawa Jail and Saintlo Toronto.
- This policy is only valid if the booking conditions are identical. These conditions include, but are not limited to, identical dates of stay; identical reservation conditions, identical payment and cancellation terms; identical room types and number of persons included in the reservation.
- The currency for comparison purposes must be in Canadian dollars.
- You must ensure that the prices being compared include any additional fees that some third-party booking sites may charge.
- If the lower rate than on our saintlo.ca website is found 24 hours or more before your arrival date, you will be able to contact the hostel with your contact and reservation information and the link to the site where the lower rate was found.
- If the requirements are met, the hostel will modify your reservation according to the policy in effect.
- Unless otherwise stated, there is no cancellation fee if you cancel before 11:59 pm the night before your arrival if your reservation is for 10 people or less.
- If you cancel your reservation after the notice period has expired or do not show up at the hostel, your reservation will be considered cancelled in its entirety, and you will be charged for the first night’s stay.
- Unless otherwise specified, if a prepaid, non-refundable reservation is cancelled, all fees associated with that reservation must be paid in full.
- Saintlo Hostels may cancel a reservation if the hostel is no longer available due to force majeure. In such an event, Saintlo Hostels will refund the amounts already paid for your reservation. For the purposes of this clause, “force majeure” means any event that Saintlo Hostels could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid, and which would result in Saintlo Hostels not being able to provide your room. Such events may include, but are not limited to, war, threat of war, pandemics, riot, acts of any national or local government or other authority, labour disputes, shutdowns, natural disasters, fires, floods, and all similar events beyond our control.
- Saintlo Hostels is not responsible for any other costs associated with this cancellation.
- Saintlo Hostels reserves the right to cancel a reservation at any time if the payment information provided by the person making the reservation is not valid.
- The cancellation policy for group reservations (10 or more people) can be found in the group reservation contract.
Modification of the reservation conditions
The reservation conditions can be modified by Saintlo Hostels at any time. The update will be made online as soon as the change is effective and will be applicable to all customers.
For check-in at the hostel, you and all persons included in the reservation must present a valid government-issued photo ID.
- Saintlo Hostels does not accept reservations from persons under the age of 18 travelling alone (with some exceptions).
- Persons between the ages of 16 and 17 who wish to stay at the hostels must have written consent from a parent or legal guardian and they must reserve by email directly with the hostel.
- Persons between the ages of 13 and 15 may stay in a dormitory only if accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Children 12 years of age may or under may only stay in a private room or in a room for the exclusive use of the group.
- Failure to comply with this age policy will result in automatic cancellation of the reservation by the hostel.
Length of stay
- Stays at the hostel have a maximum length of stay.
- For longer stays, you may contact the hostel management to discuss different options.
- Saintlo Hostels reserve the right to decide whether or not to extend a person’s stay.
- A maximum of 2 stays of 2 consecutive weeks can be booked at Saintlo Montréal.
Code of conduct
- In order to ensure a pleasant stay for everyone, Saintlo Hostels asks that you act in a reasonable and respectful manner towards others around you.
- There is zero tolerance for illegal, disrespectful, abusive or inappropriate behaviour or for behaviour that makes Saintlo Hostels staff members or others feel uncomfortable or unsafe.
- You are not permitted to bring into the hostel anyone who is not registered.
- In case of disrespect for others or inappropriate behaviour, you will be asked to leave the hostel.
- All guests accept responsibility for providing compensation for any damages or costs incurred by the hostel as a result of their direct actions or those of the persons accompanying them.
- You accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or a member of your party. All costs associated with damages caused by you or a member of your party must be paid directly to the Hostels. Failure to do so may result in future claims including legal fees from Saintlo Hostels.
- Saintlo Hostels reserves the right to terminate your stay or that of any member of your party as soon as it deems appropriate in its reasonable opinion and in accordance with the code of conduct of Saintlo Hostels.
- Saintlo Hostels is not obligated to reimburse a guest who is required to leave the Hostels due to damage or non-compliance with the rules in place. Under no circumstances will Saintlo Hostels be obligated to pay compensation or cover any costs or expenses you may incur as a result of the interruption of your stay.
Responsibility of Saintlo Hostels
- Saintlo Hostels, its employees, and contractors are not responsible for accidents or injuries or loss or damage to property of persons while on the property of the hostels. Travel insurance is always recommended during a stay.
- Saintlo Hostels cannot be held responsible for the non-fulfillment of your reservation if you provide us with incorrect information.
- The photos displayed on the Site are not contractual.
Degree of Accessibility
- Saintlo Hostels are not, at present, accessible to wheelchairs. Some hostels do not have elevators to reach rooms on the upper floors.
- Saintlo Hostels suggest that you contact the Kéroul organization to find out about the more than 2000 accessible or partially accessible tourist establishments in Quebec.
- You or a member of your party must inform the hostel if a disability may affect your stay. This will allow you to know if the hostel will be reasonably able to accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned in a safe and appropriate manner and to help the hostel prepared better if it is the case.
- Saintlo Hostels allow guide dogs and other certified service animals to accompany persons with disabilities in areas of the premises that are accessible to the public or others, except for food preparation areas and other areas excluded by law.
Right to Refuse Accommodation
- At their absolute discretion, Saintlo Hostels and its staff reserve the right to refuse a reservation, or to refuse accommodation.
- Due to the collective character of the majority of our services, it is impossible to quarantine in our facilities.
Personal data and confidentiality
- When you make a reservation, you fully consent to the collection of certain personal information such as your name, last name, e-mail address, telephone number, address, credit card information and IP address.
- The personal data collected by Saintlo Hostels is used to create the reservation contract, to plan the best possible stay for you and to develop marketing strategies.
- By making a reservation, you agree to be contacted by email to receive your confirmation. You also agree to receive marketing information via email or other digital channels. A clear procedure is attached to the mailings to unsubscribe if you wish.
- For contact tracing due to the pandemic, Saintlo Hostels may be required to provide your phone number or email address and name to the public health authorities.