Saintlo Hostels and the not-for-profit that manages it, St. Lawrence Youth Hostels Inc., respect the privacy of its clients and members.
Customer personal information
Without your permission, we do not collect, use or share the personal information you provide us.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Customer and Member Personal Information : We will never sell your personal information to a third party. We will inform you of how we intend to use the personal information we request from you.
When you make a reservation at a Saintlo Hostel or when you become a member of the St. Lawrence Youth Hostels Inc., you must provide certain personal information that we add to our internal database. The information contained in this database can only be used for purposes related to the Saintlo Hostels and St. Lawrence Youth Hostels Inc. In some cases, we may be required by law to collect and retain certain types of personal information.
We collect personal data about you that is relevant to our business relationship with you or for governance purposes.
Personal information collected :
- May be used to personalize your experience at Saintlo Hostels.
- Is necessary to process your reservation request and for billing purposes. This information includes name, last name, email address, phone number, address and payment information and IP address.
- May be used to send Saintlo Hostels customers and subscribers magazines, newsletters, e-mail notices or other correspondence. Only with your consent will we send you this type of information. These communications include simple instructions on how to unsubscribe from our mailing list.
- May be used to send the association’s members Annual General Meeting and election materials.
- Are retained no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which we collected it, and in accordance with any requirements that are imposed on us by law.
- May come from third party booking sites with whom we have a business relationship.
- May be accessed in part by trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or providing services to you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. In addition, we may disclose, use, aggregate, anonymize, or de-identify user information for marketing, advertising, research, compliance, or other purposes.
Research and Surveys
We may conduct research or surveys that ask for demographic information and travel preferences. Participation in these surveys is completely optional. The information collected will only be shared with third parties for statistical purposes. At no time will personal information be given to a third party without your knowledge or express permission.
We will use information obtained from visits to the Saintlo hostels’ website, as well as demographic data on its clientele, to compile statistics and reports for the exclusive use of Saintlo Hostels and St. Lawrence Youth Hostels Inc. We analyze the information collected in order to better understand our customers and their needs. The information used for this purpose excludes personal data.
Saintlo Hostels and St. Lawrence Youth Hostels Inc. have appropriate security mechanisms in place to protect personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access. Only authorized personnel of these two entities have access to personal information.
Embedded content and links to other sites
- The Saintlo Hostels’ website may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves exactly the same as if the visitor had visited the other website.
- At our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. Therefore, we are not responsible for the content and activities of these sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback on these sites.
Accuracy and access
Saintlo Hostels and St. Lawrence Youth Hostels Inc. make every effort to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and complete. Upon request, we will send you a copy of the personal information we have collected about you. If this information is inaccurate or incomplete, we will make the requested changes.
For more information
If you have any questions about Saintlo Hostels and St. Lawrence Youth Hostels Inc’s privacy policies or if you wish to make a complaint, please do not hesitate to contact Jacques Perreault, the association’s Executive director and the person responsible for protecting personal information for Saintlo.