|Position type||Part time|
Hello, we’re Saintlo
We’re a collective of hostels with super local character. A social economy business. We help everybody explore our neck of the woods like a local. From the tip of the Gaspé Peninsula to the Great Lakes of Ontario, we offer social accommodation. A place to meet up with people who come from all over the world.
Together, we help grow the nomad community.
You are the right person for the job if:
- You have good interpersonal skills and you’re always attuned to the needs of the clientele;
- You’re interested in the tourism and hotel industry;
- You like to work as part of a team;
- You can work days, nights and weekends (depending on your availability);
- You communicate well in French and English;
- You have a valid work permit and social insurance number.
Then it looks like we have the perfect job for you!
Work for Stay Program
Imagine being part of a group of travel enthusiasts who share the same dream: offering hostels that are open to all cultures, adventures, and get-togethers.
Saintlo hostels offer a work-for-stay program in Canada that allows you to completely immerse yourself in the local culture of the hostel that will host you. This volunteer program in exchange for free accommodation, for a period of 2 to 3 months, allows you to better understand the destination, its attractions, and secrets. A sweet opportunity to “become a local”.
Become a volunteer and swap your skills for free accommodation in Montréal!
More precisely this means:
- Assisting in various hostel departments: breakfast, activities, housekeeping etc.
- Being friendly and helpful;
- Any related tasks or projects that allow the hostel to remain welcoming, safe, fun and functional.
- 20 hours a week;
- Central location: Near Lucien L’Allier metro station;
- Flexible work conditions.
Staying and volunteering at Saintlo Montréal has been like a dream! All staff and volunteers are lovely people, always helpful and inclusive. Work is fun, well proportioned, and never overwhelming. This experience has also given me the opportunity to meet a lot of interesting travelers from all around the world.
The amenities and the vibe of the hostel make it one of the best I have ever stayed at. I volunteered there for two months and truly felt like a local.Lorenzo
We offer several shift options, and you choose what suits you. We manage to please everybody 99.9% of the time.
Join our work-for-stay program and swap your skills for free accommodation in a 4-bed shared room. Along with free breakfast every morning, and staff prices at the hostel bistro.
Discover our vast territory and its countless activities without paying for accommodation. Visit our Montréal, Ottawa and Toronto hostels to meet up with people who come from all over.